Views

Monday, October 14, 2013

Retrospect

As usual, my oddly ambitious and overly optimistic quest for hopes and dreams persists unabated.

If dreams were currency I would be in short need of any sort of job or career. Sadly that is not the case and I have a need for some sort of steady income.

Since I was of teenage years I had never known what it is I wanted to do when I grew up.

Still, not having grown at all, I find I still don't know what that calling is, I have inclinations sure, pipe dreams and the like, but as far as solid venues for my current finances I have none.

What I do know for certain. I KNOW that I don't intend on wasting my one life that I have working a job I hate or just working too much in general, until I'm dead.

There are too many things in the world to do and experience to spend year after year working just so I might be able to have a few weeks vacation a year and a retirement at 65. That to me sounds like possibly the worst way to spend a life.

This is not me saying that I wish to be a hippie and live a life against ever lifting a finger to do anything. I mean to suggest that if I am forced to work my whole life away, I intend to do it on my own terms. I would just as soon spend my life searching for a job that feels like a hobby, than spend it doing something I don't want to do just because people insist that that's the way it is.

I personally think I'm awesome and am not real concerned. I've always had the notion in my head that it'll come to me and I'll end up doing something I love and doing it well.

More than that, lately I've got it in my head that why would I stop at happiness? If my luck permits it and I do end up finding a niche in which I can become financially successful. I plan on doing everything I can to expound that money into more and more money.

If I had it my way I would create an empire on these hopes and dreams, and eventually the hopes and dreams of others. I would and will go as far as this life permits, if for no better reason than because I can.

Or I'll spend my life chasing my fancies. Either way works I suppose.

This really snowballed. I had a point when I started I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment